Posted by Yemisi Osu at 27/03/2013 11:51:34
The NHS is reminding people to use local services wisely over the Easter break.
Good advice includes a well stocked medical cabinet with the basics, including paracetamol and a thermometer.
Pharmacists, who can offer advice on a large number of conditions and minor ailments, will be open as normal on Saturday. Some pharmacists in Birchington and Westgate, Margate and Ramsgate – details below – will be open on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.
For urgent help when your GP surgery is closed, phone your GP surgery and listen to the answerphone message.
Dr Tony Martin, Clinical Lead of Thanet NHS Clinical Commissioning Group, also encouraged people not to use A&E unless it is a serious or life-threatening accidents or illnesses.”
Dr Martin said: ““Please keep A&E free for those who really need the specialist treatment it provides.”
The following pharmacies are open for business over the Easter period:
Birchington and Westgate
• Boots the Chemists, 36 St Mildred’s Road, Westgate on Sea CT8 8RF. 01843 831167. Friday (11am-noon)
• Courts Chemist, 67-69 Station Road, Birchington CT7 9RE. 01843 841143. Monday (11am-noon)
• Paydens Ltd, 76 St Mildred’s Road, Westgate on Sea CT8 8RF. 01843 831186. Sunday (11am-noon)
• Central Pharmacy, 142 Northdown Road, Cliftonville, Margate, Kent, CT9 2QN. 01843 298440. Fri/Sun/Mon (7.30am-10pm).
• Boots the Chemists, 7-13 High Street, Ramsgate, CT11 9AB. 01843 591864. Sunday (11am-noon)
• Tesco Stores Ltd, Manston Road, Ramsgate, CT12 6NT. 01843 347447. Friday/Monday (11am-4pm)
• Asda Stores Ltd, 56 Chatham Street, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 9TT. Friday/Monday (9am-6pm)
• Tesco Extra, 475 Margate Road, Westwood, Broadstairs, Kent, CT10 2QJ. Tel: 0845 6779112. Friday 6.30am-10.30pm, Saturday 6.30am-10pm, Sunday 10am-4pm and Monday (9am-6pm)